Burial in a churchyard or inside a cathedral or parish church is a centuries-old Christian custom. Following cremation, ashes may be interred here, inside the Cathedral. The columbarium is named for one of the three churches whose congregations came together in 1910 to form the Cathedral congregation.
Saint Luke's Chapel
Named for the church, destroyed by fire in 1905, that served as pro-cathedral prior to the construction of this building. The Altar, reredos, and eagle lectern are from old Saint Stephen's Chapel once located on Robie Street.
Saint Stephen's Chapel
Named for the former Saint Stephen's Chapel on Robie Street, one of the three churches whose congregations came together in 1910 to form the Cathedral congregation.
We acknowledge the sacred land we worship, work, dream, and rest on is the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People. We believe reconciliation and mending relations with First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples is our collective responsibility, which requires ongoing reflection and action.
Registered Name: CONGREGATION OF THE CATHEDRAL CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, HALIFAX
Business No: 131908394RR0001
The Cathedral Church and Great Hall are accessible.